Hanging instructions | Easy-to-hang designer wallpaper
All Feathr wallpaper rolls are 10 meter long and 50cm wide paste-the-wall products. The design repeat type and length can be found on every product page under the tab "Features".
1. INSPECT EACH ROLL
Very first thing: check that the wallpaper rolls are what you’ve ordered and you have enough rolls to complete the job. Before cutting and hanging the wallcovering ensure that all rolls are in good condition and with no visible faults. Please do the examination of rolls before booking the decorator.
Examination before hanging is the buyer’s responsibility. No claim can be accepted after wallcoverings have been cut and hung for defects that are apparent at the time of hanging.
- The walls need to be dry, smooth, clean and free from dust.
- Remove any old wallpaper and loose paint.
- The walls should be an all-over light neutral colour with no highly contrasting areas.
- Highly absordant surfaces should be sized with a primer/sealer.
- New plaster and paint should be allowed to dry out completely. Silk paint should be roughened with sandpaper.
- For best results, cross-line the walls using a good quality lining paper.
3. PASTING AND HANGING
This is a paste the wall product. The paste needs to be applied directly on the wall, not the back of the wallcovering. Use a good quality paste for non-woven wallcovering. All purpose and heavy duty pastes are not suitable.
- Mark the walls using pencil and spirit level to ensure strips are applied straight. It's very important to get the first strip perfectly straight.
- Pour correct volume of paste into cold water (20g paste powder to 0.5 L cold water). Stir and leave for 15 minutes. Stir before use. If you purchase your own paste please follow the instructions provided by the supplier.
- Apply the paste evenly to the wall to an area slightly wider than the width of the roll.
- Check design direction prior to hanging. Hang 1 length at a time.
- Press the dry lengths on the wall with a soft brush.
- Work from centre to edges of paper to remove bubbles. Avoid squeezing paste out of joins.
- Paste will damage the surface. Wipe off any paste while it is still moist, using a clean damp sponge. Do not rub.
- Trim top and bottom with a sharp knife.
- After hanging 2 or 3 lengths inspect the result to ensure no faults are present. The supplier’s responsibility is limited to cost of replacement paper.
- If any white edges are apparent with dark coloured wallcoverings we recommend colouring with a similar-toned crayon.