Welcome your FEATHR peel & stick wallpaper!
Every wallpaper delivery comes with a step by step guide on how to install your new wallpaper.
If you have any questions on how to hang your wallpaper please get in touch with our friendly customer support team at [email protected] who will be happy to help you!
These hanging instructions are for the peel and stick material. For non-woven material, please see our How To Install Wallpaper and How To Install Wall Mural guides.
Before installing your peel and stick wallpaper – prepare your walls for your wall covering.
Make sure your wall is clean, dry and smooth before installing your peel & stick wallpaper. Remove any traces of old wallpaper and any patches of dirt, grease, dust or mold that may prevent the wallpaper from adhering to the wall. Fill in any cracks or holes and sand any rough patches to create a smooth surface before hanging your wallpaper.
Wipe down your wall with a damp cloth and use a mild cleaner. The wall should be allowed to dry completely, and waiting for at least 24 hours before starting the installation is recommended.
Peel & stick wallpaper can be installed on most surfaces. You will achieve the best result when your surface has a smooth texture. Peel and stick wallpaper adheres to firm painted walls with an eggshell, satin or semi-gloss finish.
>> Hanging your peel & stick wallpaper – separate your wallpaper drops.
1. Unroll your wallpaper and lay it out
- Your wall mural comes in numbered drops. Separate the drops by unrolling your wallpaper and cutting between the dotted lines.
- Each wallpaper drop is numbered in hanging order from left to right. Make sure the numbers in the top left hand corner are laid out in the correct order.
- Check that you have received the correct wallpaper order and there are no visible defects or damage. If you have any concerns contact us at [email protected] before you start installing your wallpaper. Under no circumstance can we compensate for any installation fees.
2. Measure up your wall
- Measure out 50cm/19.7” width from the left hand side of the wall. This marks the width of the first wallpaper drop on the wall.
- Use your plumb line/spirit level to mark a vertical pencil line on the wall. You will line the right hand edge of your first wallpaper drop up against this line to ensure it is hung straight.
3. Hang your first self adhesive wallpaper drop
- The wallpaper has a self adhesive backing and no paste is needed.
- Start the installation from the top of your wall. Allow a bit of excess material to overlap the ceiling. This will be trimmed off later.
- Peel back approximately 30cm / 12’’ of the backing from the top of the wallpaper drop. Crease the backing liner so it sits flat against the back of the paper.
- Line the right hand edge up of the wallpaper with the vertical pencil line. Press the top of the wallpaper drop to the wall.
- Start slowly peeling the backing off and sticking the wallpaper to the wall.
- Work your way down the panel in a back and forth motion. Smooth out any bubbles or folds in the wallpaper by using a smoother tool and gentle downward strokes.
- Do not excessively pull or stretch the wallpaper into place. If you need to readjust, gently peel the wallpaper off and stick it to the right place.
4. Match the second wallpaper drop
- Repeat the process. Line the next wallpaper drop with the one you have just installed. Start the installation from the top of the wall and ensure that the pattern lines up with the drop you have already installed.
- Avoid overlapping the first drop or leaving a gap between the two drops while you peel the backing off and stick the wallpaper to the wall. Ensure the pattern completely matches before smoothing out.
- Do not excessively pull the wallpaper into place.
- When you get to the bottom, verify the wallpaper pattern matches with drop one. If you need to readjust, gently peel the wallpaper back and stick it back into place.
5. Repeat until all the wallpaper drops are hung
- When all the wallpaper drops are hung, trim any excess wallpaper at the top/bottom with a sharp knife.
6. Enjoy your new designer wallpaper
Now you have followed our peel and stick installation guide, sit back and enjoy your new wallpaper. We hope you love your new interior decor!